Speedy pumpkin and burnt butter pasta
From pan to plate in just 20 minutes, this speedy pasta recipe is the ultimate midweek meal. Featuring tasty pumpkin and sausage tortelloni in burnt butter, it’s a weeknight winner.
- 700g butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 1cm pieces
- 80g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 bunch sage, leaves picked
- 2 x 350g pkts Coles Kitchen Spicy Sausage & Cheese Tortelloni
- 1/3 cup (25g) finely grated parmesan
Spray a large frying pan with olive oil spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the pumpkin and cook, turning occasionally, for 8-10 mins or until tender. Add the butter and sage and toss to combine. Cook for 2 mins or until the butter is lightly browned.
Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add pasta and cook for 3-4 mins or until tender. Drain well.
Add pasta to the pumpkin mixture and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the parmesan and serve immediately.
Go for gold: To avoid overcooking the burnt butter, pay attention to the smell as well as the colour. Burnt butter should have a nutty smell and hazelnut colour.