Speedy sausage and smoky bean ragu with mash
Warm and hearty, this sausage and smoky bean ragu with mash is the ultimate comfort food. Sprinkle with grated parmesan and thyme sprigs for a comforting dinner.
- 1 1/2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 500g Angus beef sausages, casings removed
- 1/3 cup (80ml) red wine or beef stock
- 2 tsp thyme leaves
- 420g can F. Whitlock & Sons™ Killer Beans Smoky Campfire BBQ
- 2 x 350g tubs microwavable mashed potato
- Thyme sprigs, to serve
- Grated parmesan, to serve
Heat 1 tbs oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 mins. Add carrot and celery and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until vegetables just soften. Transfer to a bowl.
Heat the remaining oil in the pan. Add the sausage and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break into lumps, for 5-7 mins or until golden brown.
Return vegetables to the pan. Stir in wine or stock and thyme leaves. Simmer until the liquid reduces by half. Stir in the beans and ¼ cup (60ml) water. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until the beans are heated through. Season with pepper.
Meanwhile, heat the potato following packet directions.
Divide potato among serving bowls. Top with ragu and serve with thyme sprigs and parmesan.