Spiced lamb with beetroot salad and ginger-whipped feta
Served with a mouth-watering salsa verde and ginger-whipped feta, this spiced lamb and beetroot dish is sure to impress.
Note: + standing & 10 mins resting time
- 8 (about 900g) Coles Australian Lamb Loin Chops
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 1 bunch beetroot, trimmed, washed and cut into quarters, stems and leaves reserved
- 1 tbs Coles Classic Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Coles Classic Olive Oil, extra, to drizzle
- 100g Coles Deli Greek Feta
- 1/3 cup (80g) Coles Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint leaves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbs Coles Classic Olive Oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
To make the beetroot salad, preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place beetroot in a bowl with oil and cumin and toss to coat. Season. Place on the prepared tray and roast, turning occasionally, for 1 hour.
Meanwhile, finely chop ¼ cup of reserved beetroot leaves for the salsa verde. Place remaining 11/2 cups beetroot leaves in a bowl. Drizzle with extra oil and season. Cut reserved beetroot stems into 3cm lengths.
Add beetroot stem to the tray and roast for 10 mins. Add leaves and roast for a further 10 mins or until tender.
While the beetroot is roasting, place the lamb, cumin, turmeric and paprika in a bowl and season. Toss to combine. Set aside to come to room temperature.
To make the ginger-whipped feta, place feta, cream cheese, honey, ginger and lemon rind in a food processor and process until smooth. Season.
To make the salsa verde, place mint, parsley, lemon juice, oil and garlic in a small bowl with the chopped beetroot leaves. Stir to combine. Season.
Heat a large frying pan or chargrill on medium heat. Cook the lamb for 3-4 mins each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside for 10 mins to rest.
Spread feta mixture onto serving plates. Top with beetroot mixture and a little salsa verde. Add the lamb and drizzle with remaining salsa verde.