Spiced white hot chocolate
This aromatic white hot chocolate is as easy to make as it is delicious. Filled with warming spices, it’s a tasty twist on the classic.
- 4 cups (1L) milk
- 1 cinnamon stick or quill
- 2 whole cloves
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 200g good-quality white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Frangelico or amaretto liqueur (optional)
- 300ml thickened cream, lightly whipped
- Shaved white chocolate, to serve
- Ground nutmeg, extra, to serve
Combine the milk, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg in a large saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until aromatic. Add the chopped chocolate and stir until the chocolate melts. Remove and discard the cinnamon and cloves. Stir in the liqueur, if using.
Divide the hot chocolate among serving cups and spoon over whipped cream. Sprinkle with shaved chocolate and extra nutmeg to serve.