Spicy pork noodle bowl
An easy take on Vietnamese vermicelli noodle salad, topped with tasty sweet chilli pork mince and peanuts.
- 500g Coles Australian Pork Mince
- 1 tbs finely grated ginger
- ¼ cup (60ml) black bean sauce or chilli bean sauce
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup coarsely chopped coriander
- 200g vermicelli rice noodles
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into long matchsticks
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, cut into long matchsticks
- ½ cup coriander sprigs
- ½ cup (70g) roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add the mince and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 5 mins or until the mince changes colour and is cooked through. Add the ginger, black bean sauce or chilli bean sauce and sweet chilli sauce. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins or until heated through. Remove from heat. Stir in spring onion and chopped coriander.
Meanwhile, place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Pour over enough boiling water to cover. Set aside for 2 mins or until tender. Refresh under cold water. Drain well.
Divide the noodles among serving bowls. Top with the mince mixture, carrot and cucumber. Sprinkle with the coriander sprigs and peanut.