Steak sandwich with beetroot relish and wedges
Want to take your Spring barbie to the next level? Try this wholesome steak sandwich served with crispy herbed wedges.
- 750g baby potatoes, cut into thick wedges
- 1 tbsp rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cooking oil spray
- 4 x 230g Drovers Beef Rump Steaks
- 1 large red onion, sliced into thick rounds
- 1 loaf Coles Bakery Stone Baked Pane di Casa, ends trimmed, cut into 8 slices diagonally, toasted
- 8 baby cos leaves torn
- 1/2 cup Always Fresh Fire Roasted Red Pepper Strips (roasted capsicum)
- 1/3 (110g) cup beetroot and red onion relish
- Parsley leaves, to garnish
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
Combine potato, rosemary and oil in a large bowl. Place on prepared tray. Bake for 25 mins or until golden and tender.
Meanwhile, spray steaks and onion with oil. Season. Heat a barbecue or chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 2 mins each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
Cook onion in same pan for 2 mins each side or until just tender. Divide lettuce among 4 bread slices. Top with steaks, onion, capsicum, relish, parsley and the remaining bread slices. Serve with wedges.