Steak with pistachio pesto
This tasty steak with homemade pistachio pesto is a game-changer. Even better, it’s ready to serve in a flash.
Note: + 5 mins resting time
- 4 Coles Australian No Added Hormones Beef Scotch Fillet Steaks or Porterhouse Steaks
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 60g Coles Australian Baby Spinach & Rocket
- 1/3 cup (45g) pistachios, lightly toasted
- 1/3 cup (25g) finely grated parmesan
- 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Rocket
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
To make the pistachio pesto, place the pistachios, parmesan, rocket, mint, basil and garlic in a food processor and process until finely chopped. With the motor running, add oil in a thin, steady stream until well combined. Season.
Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Brush the steaks with oil and season. Cook on the grill for 21/2 mins each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Loosely cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
Thickly slice the steaks and divide among serving plates. Arrange tomato and spinach and rocket on the plates. Season. Serve with the pistachio pesto.
Check ingredient labels to make sure they meet your specific dietary requirements and always consult a health professional before changing your diet.