Sticky coconut rice with mango
Enjoy our take on this Thai-inspired dessert. Topped with fresh mango, it’s the perfect summer treat.
- 400ml Coles Asia Coconut Cream
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 1 lemongrass stem, quartered lengthways
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 1 1/3 cups (265g) medium-grain white rice
- 1 tbs caster sugar, extra
- 1 mango, stoned, peeled, thinly sliced
- Honey, to drizzle
- 1/2 tsp black sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Shaved coconut, toasted, to serve
Reserve 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut cream. Combine the remaining coconut cream, 1 1/2 cups (375ml) water, kaffir lime leaf, lemongrass and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Use a slotted spoon to remove lime leaves and lemongrass. Discard.
Place the rice in a sieve and rinse under cold water until the water runs clear. Add to the coconut cream mixture and stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 mins or until the rice is tender.
Meanwhile, combine the reserved coconut cream and extra sugar in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and the sauce is heated through.
Divide the rice mixture and mango among serving plates. Drizzle with coconut cream sauce and honey. Sprinkle with combined sesame seeds and coconut to serve.