Sticky sesame chicken with mixed bean fried rice
Served with turmeric fried rice and toasted sesame seeds, this sticky chicken is guaranteed to be your new go-to dinner.
- 1 1/2 tbs peanut oil
- 8 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 1/3 cup (80ml) sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 x 240g pkts Seeds of Change Brown Rice Pilau with a hint of Turmeric
- 80g snow peas, halved lengthways
- 1 cup (150g) frozen broad beans, thawed, peeled
- 100g green beans, trimmed, halved lengthways if preferred
- 1 tbs sesame seeds, toasted
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a roasting pan with baking paper. Heat 1 tbs of the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, in batches, for 2 mins each side or until browned. Transfer to the lined pan.
Add the sweet chilli sauce, honey and soy sauce to the frying pan. Bring to the boil. Cook for 2 mins or until the mixture reduces slightly. Drizzle over the chicken in the lined pan. Bake for 10-15 mins or until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
Meanwhile, wipe the frying pan clean. Add the remaining oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the egg and swirl to coat the base of the pan. Cook for 3 mins or until light golden underneath and just set. Turn onto a clean work surface. Roll into a log and thinly slice crossways. Add rice to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until heated through. Add the snow peas, broad beans and beans and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until tender.
Divide rice mixture among serving plates. Top with the chicken and egg. Drizzle with pan juices and sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
Serve with lemon wedges and chopped chives