Sweet chilli haloumi with cashew slaw
In just 10 short minutes you’ll be digging into this delicious haloumi and cashew slaw. Try it for an easy lunch or weeknight dinner.
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200g haloumi, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sweet chilli sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped mint
- 200g pkt Coles Australian Coleslaw
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped coriander
- 1/2 cup (75g) unsalted roasted cashews, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Coles Thai Style Lime & Chilli Salad Dressing
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the haloumi and cook for 1 min each side or until the haloumi is golden. Increase heat to high. Add the sweet chilli sauce, lime juice and 1 tbs water. Cook, turning the haloumi, for 1 min or until the liquid reduces slightly. Add half the mint and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
Place the coleslaw, coriander, half the cashew and the remaining mint in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
Transfer the coleslaw mixture to a large serving platter. Drizzle with dressing. Top with the haloumi mixture and sprinkle with the remaining cashew.
Serve with lime wedges.
Protein pick : Swap the haloumi for chicken breast tenderloins. Cook in the pan until cooked through, then add sweet chilli sauce, lime juice and water.