Tasia and Gracia Seger's no-bake Easter chilli chocolate tart
Spice up your Easter treats this year with this no-bake chocolate tart. Sure to impress, it gets a subtle kick of heat thanks to a secret ingredient – chilli powder!
Note: + 5½ hours chilling time
- 31 (288g) Oreo Original Biscuits
- 50g leftover hollow milk chocolate Easter eggs, chopped
- 2 tsp grapeseed oil or canola oil
- 1/2 cup (15g) rice bubbles
- 90g unsalted butter, melted
- 500g leftover hollow milk chocolate Easter eggs, extra, chopped
- 85g unsalted butter, extra, softened
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 2/3 cups (410ml) thickened cream
- 1 1/2 tbs glucose syrup
- Hollow milk chocolate Easter eggs, extra, broken
- Strawberries, halved, to serve
- Icing sugar, to serve
Place the biscuits in a food processor and process until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a medium bowl.
Meanwhile, place the chopped chocolate and oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in the microwave on high, stirring every 30 secs, until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
Add the chocolate mixture to the biscuit with the rice bubbles and melted butter. Stir until well combined. Lightly grease a 29cm (base measurement) tart tin with removable base. Spoon the biscuit mixture into the prepared tin and use a flat-bottomed, straight-sided glass to press over the base and up the side of the tin. Place in the fridge for 30 mins or until firm.
Place extra chopped chocolate in a medium bowl. Add the extra butter and chilli powder. Bring the thickened cream and glucose syrup to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate mixture in the bowl and stir until the chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Pour into the biscuit base and place in the fridge for 5 hours or overnight or until set.
Carefully transfer the tart to a serving plate. Top with broken chocolate and strawberries. Dust with icing sugar to serve.