Teriyaki beef, tofu and asparagus skewers
Full of flavour and easy to prep, these teriyaki beef and tofu skewers are a must.
Note: + cooling, 5 mins resting and 30 mins marinating time
- 600g Coles Australian No Added Hormones Beef Scotch Fillet Steaks or Porterhouse Steaks, cut into 3cm pieces
- 3/4 cup (185ml) teriyaki sauce or yakitori sauce
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths
- 2 spring onions, cut into 4cm lengths
- 200g firm tofu, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1/4 small white cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 red cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled, shredded
Combine the beef and ¼ cup (60ml) teriyaki sauce or yakitori sauce in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 30 mins to develop the flavours.
Meanwhile, place remaining teriyaki sauce or yakitori sauce in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Cook for 2 mins or until the sauce thickens. Cool.
Thread the beef, asparagus, spring onion and tofu evenly onto metal or soaked bamboo skewers.
Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Cook the skewers, turning, for 6 mins or until the beef is cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
Divide combined cabbage and carrot among serving plates. Top with skewers and drizzle with remaining sauce.