The perfect salad
Need a quick and easy side salad? This simple slaw is great for fuss-free entertaining. Take it along to your next picnic or barbecue.
6 as a side
- 1/2 small red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 small savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1 Granny Smith apple or Jazz apple, thinly sliced
- 1 celery stick, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into long matchsticks
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 100g fried noodles
- 1/3 cup (100g) mayonnaise or light Greek-style yoghurt
- 1/4 cup (60ml) buttermilk
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
Combine the combined cabbage, apple, celery, carrot and spring onion in a large bowl. Add the noodles and toss to combine.
Whisk the mayonnaise or yoghurt, buttermilk and mustard in a small bowl. Drizzle over the salad and toss to combine.