This delicious tiramisu-flavoured granola makes a fantastic edible gift for teachers, family and friends this festive season.
Note: + cooling time
- ¾ cup (185ml) maple syrup
- ⅓ cup (80ml) marsala wine or apple juice
- 2 tbs instant coffee powder
- 750g pkt Coles Apricot, Date & Almond Muesli or Coles Summer Fruits Muesli
- Fruits Muesli 2½ cups (400g) raw almonds
Preheat oven to 150°C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Combine the maple syrup, wine or apple juice and coffee in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until the mixture comes to the boil. Remove from heat.
Combine the muesli and almonds in a large bowl. Pour over the maple syrup mixture and stir to coat.
Spread the muesli mixture over the lined trays. Bake, stirring occasionally, for 40 mins or until golden and dry to the touch. Set aside on the trays to cool completely. Transfer the granola to airtight containers. Store in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months.