Tofu and avocado quinoa bowl
This recipe an easy way to incorporate more veggies into your day. Packed with tofu, avocado and watermelon, this dish is a winner.
Note: + standing time
- 2/3 cup (140g) quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 500g firm tofu, thickly sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- 18g sachet instant miso soup
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 500g peeled watermelon, cut into pieces
- 2 avocados, stoned, peeled, sliced
- 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Spinach & Rocket
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
Place quinoa and 1 1/2 cups (375ml) water in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 mins or until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed. Set aside, covered, for 10 mins to steam. Use a fork to separate the grains.
Meanwhile, heat a chargrill on high. Cook the tofu for 2-3 mins each side or until lightly charred. Transfer to a plate. Cook the asparagus on the grill, turning, for 2-3 mins or until tender.
Whisk miso and vinegar in a jug until smooth. Divide quinoa among serving bowls. Top with watermelon, avocado, spinach and rocket, onion, asparagus and tofu. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with combined sesame seeds. Season.