Tomato and chorizo baked mussels
If you’re a fan of mussels, this baked mussels recipe is a must-try. Made with fragrant tomatoes and chorizo, it’s bursting with delicious flavours.
- 1 chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250ml) dry white wine or chicken stock
- 2 roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 200g red Perino tomatoes, halved
- 200g gold Perino tomatoes, halved
- 1kg blue mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- 1/4 cup dill sprigs
Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and cook, turning, for 2-3 mins or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate.
Add onion to the pan and cook for 2 mins or until starting to soften. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min or until aromatic. Return chorizo to pan with wine or stock. Bring to a simmer. Add combined tomatoes. Remove from heat.
Arrange the mussels in a single layer over the base of a casserole pan. Spoon over the tomato mixture. Cover and bake for 25-30 mins or until the mussels open (discard any unopened mussels). Sprinkle with dill.
Serve with crusty bread