Tomato and watermelon salad with haloumi
For a simple salad packed with fresh flavour, this tomato, watermelon and haloumi combo is a winner.
- 1/2 x 400g Coles Turkish Pide, cut crossways into 1cm-thick slices
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 200g haloumi, thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup dill sprigs
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 2 kumato tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 350g mixed tomatoes, halved, quartered or sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 350g peeled seedless watermelon, cut into 1cm pieces
Heat a chargrill on high. Brush both sides of the bread with 1 tbs of the oil and rub with garlic. Cook half the bread for 2 mins each side or until charred and toasted. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining bread.
Brush the haloumi with 1 tbs of oil. Cook on the grill for 1-2 mins each side or until golden. Transfer to a separate plate.
Combine the dill and mint in a small bowl. Stir in lemon juice and remaining oil. Season.
Place the combined tomato, onion and watermelon in a large bowl. Add half the dressing and toss to combine. Arrange on a serving platter with the haloumi and drizzle with the remaining dressing. Season. Serve with the bread.
Serve with basil leaves.