Tomato pesto chicken pasta
Spice up weeknight meals with 15 minute chicken fettuccine topped with a tomato and chilli pesto sauce.
- 375g pkt fresh fettuccine
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 500g Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Thigh Fillets, sliced
- 250g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 290g jar Coles Italia Piccante Tomato And Chilli Pesto
- 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Rocket
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup (125ml) of cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook half the chicken, stirring, for 3 mins or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
Add the tomatoes to the pan and cook for 3 mins or until the tomatoes begin to collapse. Remove from heat. Transfer tomatoes to a separate plate.
Return chicken to pan with the pasta, pesto and reserved cooking liquid. Season. Toss to combine. Stir in the rocket. Top with the tomatoes.