Tuna penne puttanesca with caper gremolata
Topped with a tasty caper gremolata, this fresh-tasting tuna puttanesca makes for an easy lunch or dinner.
- 350g penne
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup (50g) drained baby capers
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 600g mixed tomatoes, halved
- 2 x 185g cans tuna in chilli oil, oil reserved, coarsely flaked
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (55g) sliced kalamata olives
- 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Spinach
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain well. Return the pasta to the pan.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the capers and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until just crisp. Transfer to a bowl. Add the lemon zest and parsley to the capers and stir to combine.
Add the tomato, tuna, reserved oil from the tuna, onion, olives, spinach and lemon juice to the pasta and fold to combine. Season. Divide among serving bowls. Sprinkle with the caper mixture.
Swap me: To make this pasta dish without seafood, replace the tuna with 150g crumbled fetta.