Vegan chickpea stir-fry with tahini dressing and couscous
This easy vegan chickpea stir-fry is served on a bed of fluffy couscous. With tahini dressing to finish, this is a tasty dinner option.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup (60g) Coles Wellness Road Organic Hulled Tahini
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) hot water
- Steamed couscous, to serve
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add the chickpeas and onion and stir-fry for 3 mins or until the onion softens. Add the cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, if using, and garlic and stir-fry for 5 mins or until the chickpeas are light golden. Transfer to a bowl.
Add the zucchini, carrot and capsicum to the wok or pan and stir-fry for 3-4 mins or until the vegetables are tender. Return the chickpea mixture to the wok or pan with the spinach and stir-fry for 1 min or until the spinach just wilts. Season.
Combine the tahini and lemon juice in a small bowl. Stir in enough hot water until the mixture is runny enough to drizzle. Season.
Divide the chickpea mixture and couscous among serving plates. Drizzle with the tahini dressing and season to serve.