Vegan sweet potato nachos with beans and avocado
These vegan sweet potato nachos make for a fuss-free fiesta. With beans, avocado and coriander, it’s a feel-good taste sensation.
- 1kg gold sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 300g medium eggplant, finely chopped
- 150g zucchini, finely chopped
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 40g Coles Nature’s Kitchen Plant Based Cheddar, grated
- 1 small avocado, stoned, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup coriander sprigs
Preheat air fryer to 200°C. Combine sweet potato in a large bowl with 2 tbs oil. Place in the basket of the air fryer and cook, tossing occasionally, for 20 mins or until the sweet potato is tender. (Alternatively, bake the sweet potato on lined trays in the oven at 200°C for 25 mins, turning once, or until tender.)
Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until just tender. Add the eggplant and zucchini and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until the eggplant softens. Add the paprika and cook, stirring, for 30 secs or until aromatic.
Add diced tomato and kidney beans. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 10 mins or until the vegetables are tender and the sauce thickens slightly.
Arrange the sweet potato on a serving platter. Top with bean mixture, cheddar, avocado, chopped tomato and coriander. Season with pepper.
SERVE WITH lime wedges
Boost it: Cooking sweet potato chips in the air fryer or oven rather than frying is a great way to cut down on the amount of oil needed.