Veggie chilli with black bean salsa
Create an authentic Mexican-style meal for dinner tonight. It's fuss-free and loaded with tasty veg.
- 2 x 400g cans Edgell Black Beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 large carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 large green or yellow capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 35g pkt chilli con carne seasoning
- 1 1/2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 1 corn cob, husk and silk removed, kernels removed
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, chopped
- 150g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped coriander
- 2 tbs lime juice
- Sour cream, to serve
- Corn chips, to serve
Reserve 100g of the beans. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the carrot, capsicum and half the onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until tender. Add the chilli con carne seasoning. Cook, stirring, for 1 min or until aromatic. Add the canned tomato, remaining beans and ½ cup (125ml) water. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins or until the mixture thickens.
Meanwhile, cook the corn kernels in a saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain.
Combine the corn, avocado, cherry tomato, coriander, lime juice, reserved beans and remaining onion in a bowl. Divide the chilli among serving bowls. Top with sour cream, corn mixture and corn chips. Season with pepper to serve.