Vietnamese-style chilli chicken banh mi
A lunch favourite, this tasty Vietnamese-style chilli chicken banh mi is easier to do at home than you think.
Note: + 15 mins marinating time
- 4 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Breast Fillets
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 6 Coles Bakery Vietnamese Rolls or Hot Dog Rolls, split
- 1/2 cup (150g) mayonnaise
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, cut into batons
- 6 coriander sprigs
- 2 spring onions, cut into matchsticks
- Maggi Original Seasoning, to drizzle
- 1 long red chilli, extra, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60ml) white vinegar
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into matchsticks
Combine the chicken, chopped chilli, garlic, lemon juice and oil in a medium bowl. Season. Set aside for 15 mins to develop the flavours.
Meanwhile, to make pickled carrot, combine the vinegar, sugar and salt in a bowl. Add carrot and toss to combine. Set aside for 5 mins to soften. Drain well.
Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 4-5 mins each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Thickly slice the chicken.
Spread each roll with mayonnaise. Fill with the cucumber, carrot, coriander, spring onion and chicken. Drizzle with seasoning and sprinkle with sliced chilli.