Warm chicken and lentil salad
Packed with lentils, veggies and chicken, this heart-healthy recipe will be a hit at the dinner table.
Note: + 5 mins resting time
- 2 (about 800g) Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Breast Fillets, halved horizontally
- 600g mixed cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Rocket
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup (35g) pistachios, chopped
Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Lightly spray the chicken with olive oil spray. Cook for 3 mins each side or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest.
Cook tomatoes on the grill, tossing occasionally, for 5 mins or until blistered.
Combine the tomatoes, onion, carrot, celery, rocket, lentils and half the basil leaves in a large bowl. Coarsely chop the remaining basil and place in a bowl with the lemon zest, lemon juice and oil.
Drizzle half the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
Divide the salad and chicken among serving plates. Drizzle with remaining dressing and sprinkle with pistachio. Season with pepper to serve.
SERVE WITH lemon wedges
Boost it: To reduce the sodium in this recipe, consider swapping canned lentils for dried brown lentils. Simmer the dried lentils in boiling water until tender.