Warm prawn and pea pasta salad
Try your hand at this warm pasta salad recipe. Loaded with prawns and peas, it’s a zesty dish that’s great as a side, or simply enjoyed on its own.
Note: + 5 mins cooling time
- 350g farfalle
- 1 cup (120g) frozen baby peas
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1kg raw prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 160g whole roasted peppers (capsicum), drained, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Spinach
- 100g marinated fetta, drained
- 1 tbs chilli oil (optional)
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente, adding peas for the last 2 mins of cooking. Drain well. Place in a large heatproof bowl.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add prawns, in 2 batches, and cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins each side or until prawns curl and change colour.
Add the prawns to the pasta mixture in the bowl with remaining extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest and lemon juice. Toss to combine. Set aside for 2 mins to cool slightly, tossing occasionally to release the heat.
Add the capsicum, dill and spinach and fold to combine. Divide among serving plates. Top with the fetta and drizzle with chilli oil, if using. Season.