Zucchini and asparagus salad with egg
Eating greens has never looked so good! This veggie-packed salad is full of fresh produce and delicious flavour.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 2 zucchini, peeled into ribbons
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, finely shaved lengthways
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tbs wholegrain mustard
- 1 head green oak leaf lettuce, leaves separated
- 1/2 cup (70g) hazelnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
Cook eggs in a saucepan of boiling water for 6 mins for soft yolks or until cooked to your liking. Refresh under cold water.
Meanwhile, cook the peas in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2 mins or until heated through. Refresh under cold water. Drain well.
Place the zucchini, asparagus and peas in a large bowl. Combine the oil, vinegar, honey and mustard in a screw-top jar. Season. Seal and shake well to combine. Drizzle half the dressing over the zucchini mixture. Gently toss to combine.
Arrange the lettuce on a serving platter. Arrange zucchini mixture over the lettuce. Sprinkle with hazelnut. Peel each egg and cut in half. Arrange over the salad. Season. Drizzle with the remaining dressing to serve.