Roasted pastrami rubbed beef with fennel and leeks
For a comforting meal, have a go at this roast beef with pastrami rub. It's loaded with flavour and super easy to prep.
Note: + 10 mins resting time
- 1 fennel, cut into wedges, fronds reserved
- 2 leeks, halved lengthways, cut into 5cm pieces
- 500g Kent pumpkin, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 garlic bulb, halved crossways
- 1kg Coles Beef Blade Roast with Pastrami Rub
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
Preheat oven to 180˚C. Line a roasting pan with baking paper. Place the fennel wedges, leek, pumpkin and garlic in the lined pan. Season.
Top with the beef and drizzle with oil. Roast for 40 mins. Add the mushrooms to the pan and roast for a further 20 mins for medium or until the beef is cooked to your liking. Loosely cover with foil and set aside for 10 mins to rest.
Slice the beef. Sprinkle with the parsley and reserved fennel fronds. Serve with the vegetables.