1. The competition is a game of skill, chance does not form part of selecting the winner.
2. The material used to market and promote the competition forms part of the competition terms. If there is an inconsistency between the material used to market and promote the competition and the competition terms, the competition terms prevail.
Eligibility to enter
3. During the competition period, anyone may enter the competition, provided that they are:
(a) over eighteen years of age;
(b) a resident of Australia; and
(c) not an employee or immediate family member of the promoter or an agent of the promoter who is connected with the competition.
4. By entering the competition, entrants accept the competition terms.
5. To enter, entrants must
a. Be an approved member of the Coles Cooking Club Facebook Group . You can request to become a member by clicking on the ‘join group’ button. You will become an approved member once group administrators have approved your request to join.
b. Upload an original photo of your best pavlova (the pavlova can be bought or homemade, but you must have decorated the pavlova yourself) in the Coles Cooking Club Facebook group within the entry period (From 00:01am AEDT Thursday, 3 December 2020 to 11:50pm AEDT Wednesday 6 January 2021).
6. Entrants may enter as many times as they wish however each entry must have a different photo of the decorated pavlova house.
7. The promoter may deem as invalid any entry which:
(a) is illegible, incomprehensible, offensive or incomplete; or
(b) includes objectionable, profane, insulting, inflammatory or defamatory material
(c) includes non-original material (a photo that was not taken by the entrant OR that the entrant does not have permission to use)
(d) violates our social media policy or any law or code.
8. The promoter may disqualify any entrant who:
(a) enters the competition without being eligible;
(b) tampers with the entry process;
(c) submits an entry that is not in accordance with the competition terms; or
(d) in entering the competition, engages in conduct which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the competition or the promoter.
9. Failure by the promoter to exercise its rights under paragraph 7 or paragraph 8 does not constitute a waiver of the promoter’s rights under paragraph 7 or paragraph 8.
10. If the entrant’s contact details change, the entrant must notify the promoter.
11. The promoter will select the winner from the pool of valid entrants at the selection time on the selection date at the selection address.
12. The promoter will select the winner based on the most creative and interesting pavlova by the Coles magazine team panel of judges and the promoter’s selection is final and binding, subject to the promoter’s rights under paragraph 7 or paragraph 8.
13. The promoter will notify the winner by sending a private Facebook message within 2 days after the selection date. The promoter will post the winner’s name and city or town and the winning photo entry by publishing it in the Coles Cooking Club Facebook Group within 3 working days after the selection date.
14. The promoter may request that the winner provide proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency to the promoter’s reasonable satisfaction before awarding the prize. If the winner does not provide proof of identity, proof of age or proof or residency to the promoter’s reasonable satisfaction within 1 month after being selected as a winner, the promoter may forfeit the prize.
15. The winner must accept the prize within 1 month after being selected as the winner. If the winner does not accept the prize within 1 month after being selected as the winner, the promoter may forfeit the prize.
16. In consideration of the promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner:
(a) consents to the promoter using his or her name, likeness, image, voice and entry in any marketing and promotion of the competition, the promoter or the promoter’s business;
(b) agrees to use the prize in accordance with the supplier’s specified requirements; and
(c) agrees that the prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
17. If the prize is unavailable, the promoter may substitute the prize with a substitute prize, provided that the substitute prize is of the same or similar value or specification as the prize.
18. If there is a force majeure event which prevents or materially and adversely affects the promoter’s ability to market, promote and run the competition in accordance with the competition terms, the promoter may cancel, terminate, modify, suspend or postpone the competition.
19. The promoter is not liable for any loss, expense, damage or liability suffered or incurred by entrants and winners in connection with the competition, including:
(a) any late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected entries or prize acceptance, including delays due to technical disruptions or network congestion;
(b) any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the competition;
(c) any technical error, including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission or communications line, telephone, mobile or satellite network failure; and
(d) any theft, destruction, unauthorised access to or alteration of entries; and
(e) any use of the prize or any tax liability incurred by the winner as a result of accepting the prize.
20. Nothing under paragraph 19 is intended to limit entrants’ or winners’ rights under the Australian Consumer Law 2010.
21. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and Facebook is not liable for any loss, expense, damage or liability suffered or incurred by entrants and winners in connection with the competition, including anything detailed in Section 19.
23. In the competition terms, the following words have the following meanings:
|Competition||Coles magazine Best Pavlova Competition|
|Competition period||From 00:01am AEDT Thursday, 3 December 2020 to 11:50pm AEDT Wednesday 6 January 2021|
|Force majeure event||
an event which is beyond the control of the promoter, including:
(a) vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war or terrorism; and
(b) An infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion
|Immediate family member||spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child, step-child, parent, step-parent, grand-parent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin|
|Prize||A Coles gift card valued at $100|
Coles Supermarkets Australia Pty Ltd
ABN 45 004 189 708
800 Toorak Road, Hawthorn East VIC
|Selection time||10:00am AEDT|
|Selection date||Monday 11th January 2021|
Medium Rare Content Agency
Suite 53, 26-32 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont NSW 2009