Curtis Stone's sticky chicken lettuce cups
Crunchy and fresh, these Asian-style chicken lettuce cups are the perfect family meal.
- 500g Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Breast Mince
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) hoisin sauce
- 1/4 head green cabbage, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 large carrot, peeled, coarsely grated on large holes of a box grater
- 2 spring onions (white and green parts), thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 iceberg lettuce, halved and cored
- 2 tbs coarsely chopped coriander
Heat a large heavy non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the mince and cook, stirring occasionally, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, for 4 mins or until just cooked through. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
Return pan to heat. Add the oil, onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 min or until onion begins to soften. Stir in the celery and cook, stirring often, for 3 mins or until vegetables are slightly tender.
Stir in the hoisin sauce. Return the mince to the pan and cook for 30 secs to blend flavours. Stir in the cabbage, carrot and half the spring onion. Season with pepper. Remove pan from heat.
Carefully separate lettuce leaves to get 16 neat cups, trimming as needed. Arrange lettuce leaves among serving plates. Spoon mince mixture into each leaf and garnish with remaining spring onion and coriander to serve.