Tomato glazed meat-free roast with garlic veg and gravy
Vegetarian mains don’t get much easier than a golden meat-free Quorn roast served with flavoursome baked veg and gravy.
- 8 baby Red Royale or white potatoes, quartered
- 500g Kent pumpkin, seeded, cut into wedges
- 2 whole garlic bulbs
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs sea salt flakes
- 454g pkt Quorn Roast
- 2 bunches Dutch carrots, trimmed, or 400g baby carrots, peeled, halved lengthways
- 1/2 cup (160g) tomato chutney
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed, halved
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- Rosemary sprigs, extra, to serve
- Vegan gravy, to serve
Preheat oven to 220°C. Place the potato, pumpkin and garlic in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the salt. Bake for 20 mins.
Use a skewer to pierce the film around the roast. Add to the pan with the carrot. Bake for 20 mins. Remove the roast from the oven. Carefully remove the film. Return roast to the pan. Bake, basting the roast occasionally with chutney, for a further 25 mins or until the roast is glazed and heated through and the vegetables are tender, adding asparagus and rosemary for the last 5 mins of cooking.
Transfer the roast and vegetables to a large serving platter. Sprinkle with extra rosemary. Season. Cut roast into slices and serve with gravy.