Filled with tasty beef mince and veggies, these mini Cornish pasties will be a new party favourite. Perfect for sharing or a quick snack, this recipe is an easy winner.
Note: + cooling time
- 1 small potato, peeled, finely chopped
- 1/2 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1/2 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 swede, peeled, finely chopped
- 200g Coles Australian No Added Hormones Beef Mince
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 6 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg
- 1 tbs milk
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Place the potato, carrot, celery, onion, swede, mince and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl. Season. Use your hands to mix until well combined.
Place the pastry sheets on a clean work surface. Use a 12cm round pastry cutter to cut 4 discs from each sheet of pastry. Spoon 1½ tbs of the mince mixture onto the centre of each disc. Whisk the egg and milk in a small bowl. Brush a little of the egg mixture over the edge of each pastry disc. Fold over to enclose the filling and use a fork to press the edges to seal. Place on lined trays. Brush with remaining egg mixture and sprinkle with a little pepper.
Bake, swapping the trays halfway through cooking, for 30-35 mins or until golden brown and filling is cooked through. Cool slightly before serving.
Serve with salt-reduced tomato sauce